If you’re reading this, you’ve probably just bought your own home and are looking into all of your options for lawn care! When it comes to your grass, a great lawn mowing job can add curb appeal to your home that you can be proud of. But, taking care of your lawn can take a lot more time and effort than one might think! Here’s what you need to know and why it’s a job better left for a lawn care expert:
What you need to know:
Know the basics. Knowing the fundamentals of lawn mowing and your lawn care, in general, will help you to understand your grass’s health and how to take care of it.
- The mower. First and foremost, you should understand what mower your lawn will require. A larger lawn will need a larger mower and vice versa.
- Sharpen your lawn mower blades. Always remember to keep your mower’s blades sharpened, as they provide a clean and uniform appearance. A dull blade will damage your grass and cause you to repeatedly go over the same spots – wasting time and gas.
- How often to mow. Especially during the wet months, you’ll want to do your lawn mowing at least once a week. During the drier months, you’ll only need to mow every few weeks.
- Grass height. Keep in mind that your grass height matters! So, you’ll want to avoid cutting the grass blades too short because it can promote the growth of weeds and diseases. A grass length of three to three and a half inches is what you should aim for.
- Clean your mower. After lawn mowing, remember to take care of your mower itself. Remove any grass or debris that may be stuck in the blades.
- Create a watering schedule. Nourish those roots! You should water once or twice per week to promote the growth of a healthy root system for your lawn. This will leave your lawn looking green and vibrant.
Why you should leave it to the experts:
The bottom line is that lawn mowing takes a lot of time, effort, and can even cost a lot to do yourself. Investing in a good lawn mower, sharpening the blades, and monitoring grass height can add up in terms of how much time you’re spending taking care of your lawn. After a busy work week and taking care of the kids and the house, many people don’t have any time to spare. Leaving your lawn mowing to the experts ensures your grass will be taken care of by someone who is knowledgeable and experienced. It will save you time that you can spend doing what you love most.
At Marathon Lawn Care, we are the experienced team that you need for a beautiful lawn without the hassle. A new homeowner like you might not have the time to do the lawn mowing, and that’s where our team comes in.
For personalized service that can take care of any lawn mowing need, get your free quote from Marathon Lawn Care today!